Hands, Paris Poet Society Style



WHEN I WAS YOUNG

I would study her aged hands

And dream of the time

When mine would be so veined
                                    Sharda Brody Paris, TX




answer:


WHEN I WAS OLD

And it was my father's hands

which confronted me

I dreamed of a time

When my hands were my own.


                        Tommy Stone Paris, TX

Copyright 2013 Sharda Brody / Copyright 2013 Tommy Stone / Published with permission 

About these Paris Poet Society Members:

Sharda Brody:


 
Sharda grew up on a southern Indiana farm where she spent much of her time alone in the woods or in the company of her grandfather, a self-styled mystic and lover of the great poets; along with the family's hired hand, an expert woodsman.  It is to these two patriarchs she gives credit for her love of nature and a particularly vivid imagination.




She now lives in a small town in east Texas where she gives private music lessons in piano and beginning guitar.  Besides poetry, she also writes songs and short stories.



 Tommy Stone:


Tommy lives in the greater Paris area, just outside Biardstown with 4 dogs and 2 cats.  He is currently working on creating a line of stationery based upon his photography and poetry, and is a resident artist with The Creative Arts Center in Bonham.  Tommy also sings with Paris Community Choir.  Word is that he makes a heck of a coconut pie! 





Note from Syd:  I am dedicating most of my posts to Poetry this month.  To see why read:

 February, Paris Poet Society Style

More such posts:   For the Love of Theatre, Paris Poet Society Style
To the Heart of the Matter, Paris Poet Society Style 
Homesick, Paris Poet Society Style

Comments

Unknown said…
In response to Hands:

Heart

When I was Chained

I numbed despair and isolation
as fear of my own mortality
arose from the closet of my soul
a flicker of hope ignited
the former girl I once loved

Kristi Young
Paris, TX
Dee Martin said…
I love the response in the comments :) Very special poetry from very special people!

Popular Posts