Doggies and Books

I know my last post was a bit pensive, real, raw, poetic.  
So, let's go another direction.  

(Yes, there is some good poetry coming from  
The Paris Poet Society (yay!!).)

 


But first, let's talk about Dogs and Books.
Because they make me smile.







For instance, I kept seeing references to a new Dog Book called:

Underwater Dogs

  
Underwater Dogs
Yes.  It is true.

Turns out it is a best seller for a reason.


I saw it at Hastings, and couldn't quit thinking about it.



So I went and bought it for our Lobby.


And we have enjoyed watching people smile happily ever after.



Since it is a photography book, and I can't really quote a review, 
 I have posted a few  tantalizing pictures instead. 







Now you see why I wish I could give this book to everyone I know. 





 Coincidentally, I was searching for a chapter book to read 
to my adopted 2nd grade class at Justiss Elementary School
(I get to read to them once a week through  the Lamar County Coalition of 
Education, Business & Industry's Reading to the Future program).

Because of Winn-Dixie

And I came across "Because of Winne-Dixie."

Sigh.  

  What a good book.


Turns out the kids love it, too.


And finally, a dog book in my To Be Read:  -- "Until Tuesday"

Until Tuesday: A Wounded Warrior and the Golden Retriever Who Saved Him
     

    Because I love Golden Retrievers and because it looks like a good story.  

Here is the Goodreads blurb: 

 "Until Tuesday" is the story of how two wounded warriors, who had given so much and suffered the consequences, found salvation in each other. It is a story about war and peace, injury and recovery, psychological wounds and spiritual restoration. But more than that, it is a story about the love between a man and dog, and how together they healed each other's souls.

Yes, I want to read that book.  

Comments

Popular Posts