#Readathon 10/22/16, 13 hours in, 4 books read, loving life

Its a bit amazing how time is flying by.  I have not been a slave to reading every single second (obviously), but I can say that I am thinking about reading just about every single second.  I'm still rather amazed that the chance to participate in this fell into my lap.

For the Love: Fighting for Grace in a World of Impossible StandardsFor the Love: Fighting for Grace in a World of Impossible Standards by Jen Hatmaker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So. By all appearances, this was an accident that I read it right here right now. I had planned on reading this book over Christmas. I read one chapter that I loved, and somehow never picked it back up. Then today while looking for lighter fare for the #readathon, my kindle froze. At that point, I had pretty much decided I was using my time over this 24 hours to read my "backlist." Somehow, I grabbed this one and it was exactly the right thing at the right time. That's why I didn't read it back then. I needed it now. I thought I was picking it up because I needed to be reminded that there are still Christians who believe in grace (for others, not just for themselves). That is why I bought the book. But in the end, it was there for the love. That's right. To show that there are Christians who still believe that loving others is the actual calling. Thank you, Jen. I really do wish we could love each other. There's a world full of hurting people out there. I choose love. Help me choose love.



And this is from Book 4.  After a quick restart, my kindle app worked.  This is the Ms. Marvel graphic novel series (comicbook on a kindle app).  Ironically it is Volume 4, and guess what it is all about?  You got it.  Love.  One thing I love about this Ms. Marvel is that the unlikely hero is a 16 year old Muslim woman.  I love seeing inside her world, and I love how the story is developing.  This picture is just a super sweet moment in this particular volume.  Its pure fluff, and yet is is not pure fluff.  

So, here are my updated stats:  



Forgot to mention, still 0 Politics, yay!  Also, 2 audio books, 1 print book, 1 graphic book on Kindle app. Pretty much true to me. 

And, just for fun, here are some cool Reading Facts that I lifted from the sponsor's 

page, Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon.  Crack a book people.  It really is good for you! 


Comments

Popular Posts