2013 Favorites of Books Published this Year

Here  is my Top Ten list of books published and read  in 2013.  If you are interested to learn more, click the Title to take you to my blog about it, or click the bookcover to take you to Goodreads and my review of it there. 

Texas History:
1. The Son The Son   --  What a great book about Texas!

Inspiration:

2. My Beloved World My Beloved World                               3. Lean In Lean In  Women, Work, and the Will to Lead 


Excellent writing, historical and dramatically different in presentation or subject matter:



Historical Magical Realism / Fantasy:



Thinking outside the Box:
8.  David and Goliath: The Triumph of the Underdog  David and Goliath 


Dramatic Historical Fiction:

9. Fever  Fever   


And, of course, something related to performance arts that I loved:

10. Diary of a Redneck Opera Zinger Diary of a Redneck Opera Zinger  -- What a fun book!

Comments

Lissa said…
Thanks Sydney! I'm using some of these suggestions for my book club.
Sydney Young said…
Great, Lissa, I'll be interested to see which one and what they think.

Popular Posts