Simply Soul Food

Everybody's Got SomethingEverybody's Got Something by Robin Roberts

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Click link or picture for your copy from BookPeople in Austin, Texas, or Paris Public Library has this in book format (you might want to get your name on the reservation list, it is checked out and I imagine it will stay that way for awhile!).

(Via Audio ) Robin's mother anyways told her that regardless of who or what you are in life, regardless of what you do or don't do, you'll go through hardship, "Everybody's got Something."  She also told her to "Make your Mess your Message."  So Robin proceeds to do just that in this book as she shares her hardship of going through a bone marrow transplant at the same time her elderly mother faces failing health.

I've always just loved Robin Roberts.  She is a breath of fresh air, a ray of sunshine,  a heart of compassion (and a spice of the Southern woman!) in morning news.  I'm so glad she read this book, which is so her voice even though it was co-written.  Whether you are going through hardship or not, there is so much wisdom shared here - I grabbed hold of some new game plans for many different situations in my life.  I was just going to read it as I wanted to, the way I do most nonfiction,  but I couldn't put this one down.

Being a part of #teamRobin on Twitter from the day of her announcement of her new battle, and being a part of my own team for very close friends, this book helped me so much and reminded me how I am a part of a larger community.  Highly Recommend.

P.S.  This book feels personal to me.  Having been through similar situations with close friends of my own, this book demonstrates to me the real need for a world of support while facing cancer.  If you don't have that something going on right now but do have a friend going through it, read this book. You'll get some good ideas. 



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts